“HERO4 Session packs the power of GoPro into our smallest, lightest, most convenient camera yet, featuring a rugged and waterproof design, easy one-button control, 1080p60 video and 8MP photos.” – See more at: GoPro.com
By now you’ve probably heard about the latest addition to the GoPro family: The Hero4 Session. We’re stoked to say that it has arrived at our Moscow, ID location. So what’s the big deal about it? Let’s take a look at some of its key features:
First of All, It’s a Little Guy.
According to GoPro, the Session is “50% smaller and 40% lighter than other HERO4 cameras.” Which makes it’s easier to mount, and GoPro doesn’t skimp on the mounts and accessories. The sky’s the limit when it comes to mounting options.
But just because it’s little doesn’t mean it’s not powerful. On the contrary. Here’s some of it’s best features:
- High-resolution 1440p30 and 1080p60 video
- High frame rate of 720p100 video enables smooth slow-motion playback
- Capture 8MP single photos, Time Lapse photos at set intervals from 0.5 to 60 seconds, and Burst photos at 10 frames per second
- Rugged and waterproof to 33’ (10m), eliminating the need for a separate housing
- Easy one-button control
- Features SuperView™, a GoPro-exclusive video mode that captures the world’s most immersive wide-angle field of view
- Dual mic system -When you’re filming in windy conditions the camera automatically switches to the mic that’s best-suited for capturing optimal audio
- Built-in battery
- When the camera is mounted upside down, Auto Image Rotation automatically adjusts the capture orientation to right-side up so there’s no need to flip your footage in post-production